Monday 23 July 2007

Ripping up the Tables

Didnt go off to the greatest of starts as you can see on the previuos post. But it picked up quite a bit, i played two $2 9 seater SnG's on full tilt and a 10,000 player freerol and a $40 180 player SnG on pokerstars at the same time.

I started off very well in each of them and gained chip lead in the two full tilt SnG's quite early on, i just progressed in each, ripping opponents apart lol.

In the freeroll i was chip lead on the table and get AKhearts mid position and call a guys all in from utg, he turns 8-8 and flop is 8-10-10 and no help so it leaves my stack vulnarable (lowest on my table). I needed to do something quick. It all folded round to me in late position and i push with 3-5off for 4xBB, i figured im in late position and if someone calls then my cards are probably live. I get two callers and the board is not kind so im out of the freeroll finishing in about 2000th place lol.

I feel i played my best poker for a while now in the two full tilt SnG's and i maintained chip lead throughout and ended up winning both for $9 a piece.

In the $4 SnG, which i am playing as i am writing, there are 44 players left and it pays out to 18th. I am currently sitting with a stack of 15.4k and i am 3rd in chips overall with a difference of 2k between me and 1st.

I get 8-9spades in the SB and raise an un-entered pot to 3xBB, BB calls, flop is 8-8-4, i lead out for over half the pot and he calls, turn is a 7 and i check, and he moves all in, I call and he has K-9hearts. I take the pot now i have 21k in chips and chip lead by 3k with 33 players remaning. =)

I did get lucky when i called the short stacks all in for just under 1k with 3-3 against his J-J and hittin a full house, 3's full of Q's lol.

I made it to the 2nd break with 24.2k in chips and currently 2nd place out of remaining 19 (bubble). Im not playing many hands now, just trying to steal blinds and increase my stack further.

I busted a mid stack when i had 7-8 mid position and call a raise, flop was 6-J-3 rainbow and i he checks, i bet and he calls, turn was 9diamonds for 2 to the flush and it went check check, the river was a diamond and he bets out 3k, i raise him 14k and he calls with 6-6 for trips, giving me a 53k stack nearing the final table.

I got to the final table as chip leader with 55k in chips with average at 30k and looking to reach heads up. I lost a reasonable pot when my 2pair got busted by trips, knocking my stack to 45k.

I think im playin too many hands, always getting called by the same person who ends up outplaying me, stack now 30k, gunna sit tight for a few hands and hopefully a few will drop out. 6 players left and the game is slow, a lot of folding pre flop and stealing the blinds, not much action yet.

I get AKd utg and raise. two callers. flop was K-8-9, i bet and they both called, turn was a 7 and i bet again, i get raised and im pot committed so i call, inevidably, he has the straight and im out in 6th place for a $36 finish, quite happy with my my play but i thought i might do better.

pokerstars BR- $69.58
Full tilt BR- $40.49

2 comments:

King of Cash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
King of Cash said...

Look if you can get 3 players to enter the King of Cash Tourney by mentioning it on blogs etc i'll give you $100 to start your roll and take part!