Monday 2 July 2007

(drumrole) YES! YES! YES! whoop!

You can probably gather from the title of this post that its good news =) and indeed it is. My first post 'the story so far' states i started on $40 and my mission was to build this into a grand $1000. Today, is a glorious day lol, in which i have achieved this.

The ups and downs of today have been unreal and like no other! i started the day with a handsome $830 or so. I managed to increase to a peak of $950 before coming up against one extremely lucky fish. The game: $1/$2 hu. I had been playing well-ish, and i get Q-10 on the button and raise to $6, my opponent calls and flop is Q-4-4, i check and he bets $10, i raise to $50 (he has only $54 left) and he pushes, i call and he has 10-K. I was looking comfortable until the turn brought a 9 and the river a J to give him the straight. Against the same player i have QQ on the button and raise, he calls and flop is 2-8-A. He checks, i bet, he calls. Turn was a 4 and he bets, i raise him and he calls by pushing and showing 8-4 (maybe i could have read this hand a bit better).

It was later on against another opponent that i had A2spades on the button and raise, he re raises and i call (bad play) flop was 2-6-7, he bets out and i know he didn't hit and had better ace than me, i re raise him all in and he calls and turns ace king. It was unfortunate to see the king on the river =(

I had decreased my BR to $400 at lowest, this kept going up and back down many of times and my mood was changing as i was playing. I actually tilted half way into the day after some of the bad beats and started playing $3/$6, i actually managed to tilt my way to some profit and left. I finished a long session where i started (around $830). I played later trying to make it over $1000. Again, as before i just went up and down and did for some time.

The last opponent i was playing, i had $925 when i entered and quickly built to $997. The next hand i had A10spades on button and raise, he re raises and i push, he calls and turns A8clubs, the board hit my 10 with two clubs, he hit his flush on the river and i still wasn't there, i just kept stealing blinds and re raising him and i finally made it to over $1000.

My goal now is to just keep building, to not let my BR slip down a great deal and to try and reach $5k by end of August (because 'Blu' knows best ;)

BR-$1005.81

1 comment:

GWC said...

Congrats on hitting the $1k mark.
Maybe now you can play properly rolled ;-)