Thursday 2 August 2007

A Plan I Hope will Succeed

As you know if you read my blog over last few days i have been doin extremely well and turning over some great profit, today is not the case, i did lose a few hundred $, then i went up a few hundred $ but in the end i lost it again. My total loss for the day is $1000......eek!

yeah, i just tilted madly, few bad beats triggered it i s'pose. I really need to learn to contain myself, if i achieve that i can avoid these situations in the future. I withdrew another $800 to keep safe from tilting it away and headed off to play $1/$2 with a new roll of $1000. Spoke with amatay who mentioned his success over the years by just grinding, i liked the idea.

playing 15 minutes into the $1/$2 tables and bought in for $120, my stack was already $300 so i came to write this post.

new plans

I figured, instead of trying to make it big in a few hours/days and make myself feel good, I would rather grind it out. Sound better to you lot?

The $1/$2 seem easy grinding to me, play a few hours a day, maybe a couple of SnG's a day. and try make a nice profit of $300 each day. a week thats $2100, a month thats around $8,500.

Now i dont expect it to go as easy as it sounds of course. But im going to try and play as sensible as i can. If i make my $300 in one day, im going to stop altogether for that day.

But, if i start to lose then i will stop at $160 and call it a day. I dont expect to stick to this rule as i dont have the will power but i will try my best....lets see how long it lasts shall we. gl to me!

withdrew - $800
BR- $1,177


7 comments:

Amatay said...

gl m8, just grind it out for a few months then ur be more comfortable. I dont reckon Ed will be a fan of ur new plan thou lol

Tom Kendal (gravedigger) said...

gl, sounds gd

Anonymous said...

Yep, GL sir. You replied to my last comment saying that Ed does give good BR advice, if thats the case, sorry Ed, no offence mate, I wrote the comment after just reading you had busted another £4K.

IMO a Bankroll of $1k is enough to playing $1/$2 tables though, but it's your dough mate so best of luck with it.

ATB

BM

Anonymous said...

Sorry, make that *NOT ENOUGH* to be playing $1/$2.

portdeco20 said...

we'll see it how it goes for a few days, if goes well then i can adjust it, likewise if it doesnt go so well.

Tim S said...

Hey just checkin out your blog for the first time. Sounds like you're doing well. Always fancied the idea of grinding a profit but unfortunately I just don't have the patience.

How come we've never seen you playing in the bloggerment? Perhaps you'll consider playing the RtR Premier League - starts tonight!! You can stack BurnleyMik? :D

Hope to see you there,

Tim
(Brainchylde
RaiseTheRiver.Com

portdeco20 said...

hi sirfortune, i played my first bloggerment last week (bloggerment 19) with not much success to me or wales =(. The premier league sounds good, but im gunna concentrate on building my roll for now, maybe next time, gl, atb