Tuesday 7 August 2007

Fustration!

I can't seem to play well at all recently, it really sucks. I just get so many bad beats it is really hard to focus on my A game. The tournement didn't go well as i expected. I was doing quite well, had a decent chip stack and no real danger of going out. I get AKsuited utg and raise 4x BB and a mid position calls,flop is A-3-5 and i bet out for just under pot and look like i didnt like the ace, he raises me, i assume now he also has an ace, i dont put him on two pair, but around A10. I re raise him all in he calls, he has me covered and has J5 for pair of 5's. Sick when the jack on the river hits =(.

This kinda things is so frequent at the moment, so i ask the question..'why does bad play get rewarded?' It hurts my brain!

The good news is that my eyes have been opened by non other than phil hellmuth!

heres the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XQjtHcSe4j0

and if you cant be bothered to watch, he basically introduces you to a new race of poker players, these are called 'meglomaniacs'. And basically these are the players that win a bit of money and then play with the money on higher stakes to try and win big. But the players dont have the skill to play at that level so just raise everything to try and not lose and try and accumilate more money. This is exactly how i play, once i win enough to play 5/10, im there, i may win a bit now and again, but in the log run im gunna lose everytime, because i do not have the skill or BR to play at those levels.

Thanks phil!

A Total Donk Fest!!!

I entered 7-8 $3 SnG, never cashed in one, not fukin good. But it was a total donk fest. Its so hard to play against bad players sometimes.

here are some ways i got knocked out:

  1. JJ vs 99 vS AQ with 99 hitting full house
  2. QKs vs AA (cant complain)
  3. TPTK flop vs 2nd pair making two pair
  4. hu, 2nd pair vs top pair
  5. AKs vs QQ
  6. AK vs 66
  7. two pair vs flush draw
  8. 2nd pair vs straight draw

just not good, totally fustrated now and my bankrolls almost gone.....again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you get it- poker is hard! you should really show that clip to your degen mate Ed before he pisses that house away.

Raffel said...

same thing here mate. I had a horrible run too.
Shit variance, life sucks and so does the game we play.
Currently on a break.
Good luck to you. :)

portdeco20 said...

thanx raffel, but i still love poker =) the bad runs suck tho =(

gl to u

Tom Kendal (gravedigger) said...

eeek dan, yeh like the vid, makes sense..