Sunday 30 September 2007

Never The Bride...


I came across a cold deck early on in the bloggerment and lost a large proportion of my stack, heres the hand:

I had 55 in the BB and there are a few limpers from UTG and UTG+1. Flop comes 3-5-7 and i check raise a bet and a call. One player stuck around and called my turn bet. Then raised my river bet. I just called and he turned over 77! ouch. My stack after was not healthy (around 400 chips)

I managed to rebuild my stack well, i was patient and i knocked Burnleymik out with this hand:

I Limped in early with QQ as did a player to my left. A mid positioned players raises, button calls and burnley pushes the last of his stack in. I re raise all in and everyone else folds. Burnley had QJ and went out.

That hand put my stack over 1k again and now i had some chips to play with! I get lucky after limping into this pot and knocking out resident evil:

Amatay raises from early/mid position and i call with 44, there was another call from my left (resident evil). Flop comes 10-4-7 and it checked all around. Then an ace on the turn (my money card) and amatay checks and i bet half the pot, i get raised from resident and amatay folds. I re raise all in and get called by a drawing dead AK

I made it to the 1st break 2nd in chips with a 4.3k stack and looking good for final table as there was only one place left to go..

made the final table and didnt play many hands, then this hand comes along and i dont personally think i made a wrong decision to call, obviuosly in this situation i had the better hand, but there was a discussion as to how i could call with my hand.

Blinds 75/150 and it folds to SB who raises to 750. I re raise to 2.5k with 99, and the SB pushes for a further 2k+. I didnt think there was anything wrong with me calling here so i did. SB turns 88 and i knock out rosie.

It was 3 handed and i get this hand and knock another player out, hammerheid!

I get 99 in the BB and re raise his initial raise from the button, he pushes and i call. all in pre flop 99 vs AK and my 9's held

it then went to heads up play between me and spid, i thought he had played very well upto this point and i knew it was goin to be a tough heads up match.

In the last hand i caught two pair with a pair on the board after the turn and spid had higher two pair, even though i was pretty sure i was beat i pushed anyway, boredome and tiredness i think.

GG every1, congrats to spid, wp!

7 comments:

Big Black Dog said...

gutsy call with 99 v 88 mate,lucky your not on laddies like me,the river would def be the 8!! ive added you as a link & wd appreciate it if you cd do the same for me..cheers
http://smoothpleasepokerblog.blogspot.com/

portdeco20 said...

yeah sure, np smooth

Anonymous said...

Well played port!!

My heart wasn't in it at all last night. I made the call against Krons on a ten high flop when I had JJ and I KNEW he had AA or KK... sigh!

I don't usually re-raise three players with JQo!!

Anyway wp mate you are really tearing the blogger,ment up at the mo.!

MiasDaddy said...

WP mate, not much in it right to the end! Enjoyed the game, see you next week!

Cheers,
M.
(aka Spid)

portdeco20 said...

i realised burnley, hope some luck comes ur way!

i like to think im tearing it up hehe, i would like a 1st though!

Anonymous said...

well played mate !

especially that hidden set :(

did i mention i detest AK ...

btw, will link you up soon.

regards

dD

aka ResdentEvil

portdeco20 said...

thanks dD, ditto! looking forward to it next week