Sunday 24 June 2007

My First Hu Cash Game

After a good day on the SnG's I felt that playing multiple SnG's a day would make me the most profit. So, next day, after deciding what is best to boost my bank roll, i played 5, $11 SnG's of 6 seaters (to start). I came 2nd in the first two and finished out of the cash positions in the others. I then tried a 6th SnG's after a 30 minute break and ended up leaving within 20 minutes. I ended up about -$24 down. I also tried a few tourneys with rubbish results. Not the best day!

My bankroll damaged and it stood at around $316 or so. The last few days or weeks i have not been able to play to the best of my ability, my lack of concentration and irritation with myself left me in low self esteem and self harming on the money side of things. This is mainly due to me and my girlfriend splitting up. Anyway, i spent the day with my girlfriend 3 weeks after splitting up looking after my two younger brothers. We ended up talking and we both came to agreement we still love eachother. We are back together now and i figure its time to get my poker sorted.

I did say I would leave cash games, but i felt happy and i thought it might be worth a shot to see if my mood was profitable. I started playing two tables, 9 seater 0.50/$1 and bought in for $20 on each. On one table it was soon gone so i bought in for another $20, didnt start to well, i was in for $60 and i had $35 between both tables, no hands recorded but i started to really focus. I played some great poker and built a stack of $80 on one table while the other remained short stacked. I left about $25 up in the end.

After a break, I was drawn to the hu cash game of 0.50/$1, i entered with $40, i played royalflush_as_. I was watching the player about 15-20 minutes before and picked up some kind of read. Anyway, after 5 minutes i was on $65, the guy was a total fish, my peak was around $80. I didnt record the hand, but i then lost a big pot and left me damaged to around $40, my lowest was about $34. I claimed i had to leave in 5 mins. I then, being the fish that he is, built my stack to around $73 and left. At the end i was +$33.

BR-$387.11

No comments: