Thursday 24 May 2007

Success On The MTT's

Recently been playing a few $10 multi table tourneys and not been doing so well. There was one i entered a few days ago, where i basically lost all my chips getting caught in a bluff on the 1st or 2nd hand. After that i didnt go to well but managed to stay in. It took me a while to build back up but i eventually did when around 60-65 players were left. This was about 2am and i was getting tired. I lost nearly all my stack again on a hand i cant recall. Anyway, when there were 50 players left i was too tired and could not be bothered. I asked bluescouse if he wanted to play the rest of the tourney for me, he said ok and i sat and wached for 5 minutes with no progression and went to bed. I left him one of the short stacks and didnt expect him to make anything of it.

I left when my bank roll was around $170. Next morning i woke up, logged on and saw my cashier, it had increased to $394. I was amazed. I spoke to him later, he had managed to win the tournement and grab 1st prize of $225. I was ecstatic. That day I had not played well and straight away lost $50 on the ring games =(.

I transferred another $30 to keep safe and my bank roll was looking pretty healthy. I managed to slightly increase my roll playing some cash but not by much.

Today, I started off by playing 10c/25c cash and made $20 quickly and left it there. I then moved on to play some $11 9 seater SnG's which didnt bring around the desired results. Ranking myself as a better multi table tournement player I played a 45 seater $5 tourney. In this I didnt start well (as usual) i doubled up a few times (got lucky sometimes) and was sitting with an over average stack. I was looking well for the final table and yet again i reached it. Sitting with 2nd largest stack the table was really slow after the first 2 players went out. It was the slowest final table i have sat at. But, I did lose a big pot when my JJ got beat by QK by a queen on the river. After this i was the short stack. I pushed a few times and took the blinds and then doubled up. Shortly after everyone was basically equal in chips and it became a game of 'who is the better player'. Blinds were crazy, most stacks were sitting there around 5-9k while blinds were 1k/2k, no-one had over 15k in chips, my stack was 13k. A few dropped out quite quick as expected and stacks began to rise. It was three handed and soon, it was my BB i had largest stack and i had K10. folded to SB who pushed (was happening a lot) so i called. He turned K9 and that was him out. Now heads up was interesting. I had chip lead which changed very quickly and my stack was weak, he was about 7/1 on my stack. But, I brought it back and built a chip lead again and wiped him out. I took 1st prize of $85 and am now very happy =)

portdeco20

BR-$430.37 + $80

BR- $510.37

1 comment:

Amatay said...

Nice blog mate, i've read a few of your entries. Wanna do a link swap? I'll link you up m8