Tuesday 22 May 2007

Raising The Stakes

Normal level: 5c/10c

new levels: 25c/50c and 50c/$1

I have decided o raise the stakes I play at. There are two main reasons for this. The first one being I'm bored of playing 5c/10c and getting nowhere. The second one being that I need to raise quite a lot of money for reasons I don't think I should state.

So, anyway, I have put $50 of my account safe just in case I bust the rest of my bankroll. I need to make around £40k+ By January 2008. Extremely high target but its worth a try. I figure I'm good enough to play at 50c/$1 and make a profit. Yet, the swings are the problem, I cannot afford a bad beat and then to go on tilt, it would destroy my bankroll and I would be starting from scratch again.

I was playing 25c/50c and 50c/$1 last night and started off by losing $40. I kept my head and bought in for another $40. Not long after this hand came along:

folded to me in SB, I held Ac10c and raised
flop: {3sAsJc} I bet $4 into $6 and he raised to $12, I called
turn: {3sAsJs}{8c} i check, he checks
river: {3sAsJs}{8c}{8s} I bet £30 to put him all in, he called and turns KdJd
I took the pot over $80 (my biggest pot yet)

After that I didnt do to well on that table (50c/$1) and finished when I was down to $27. On the other table (25c/50c) I had originally bought in for $25 and never lost that. I went up and down for around two hours but at the end of the session I left when I was up to around $80-$90.

played this morning on 25c/50c and played for 45 mins making profit of $28.

BR- $128.97 + $50

BR- $178.97

3 comments:

Kenn said...

hello mate - im not the greatest cahs player however i do have a sytem whereby whenever i am up double my original stake i leave the table and join another that way i am only playing with profit so might be something for you to think about that way if you go up against another big stack you cant loose your buyin and your profit

gl at the new stakes you'll find playing $100 tables much better than the lowwer stakes

Pokeking69 said...

hey there, i have added u to my links, hope all goes well for u, always appreciate any comments

PK69

portdeco20 said...

thanks for the link add pokeking. Thanks for the advice Kenn, i will see how it goes.