Wednesday 16 May 2007

The Story So Far

I have been playing poker online not too long. Starting with a bank roll of $40 i wanted to build it, my target first of all being $1000. Not long after I had just put the $40 in, i had lost it. I had started by not really making any progress or any loss, i then suffered a few bad beats and went on tilt for a while.

Nearly blowing my whole bankroll in one day, the next day i was determined to make some of it back. I had played three sessions that day, each with a profit. This making my bankroll into $74.
This got hit yet again by some bad beats and just some really bad play on my part. This wiped my whole bankroll and i wasn't really feeling to pleased.

Spoke to a friend, 'bluescouse', the night after and he bought me in for a couple of $11 90 man SnG's. First one i entered i did really well, i played some good poker and managed to bag 4th prize of $76.80. $15 or so going back to bluescouse. 2nd SnG didnt really go well and i didn't manage to reach the money.

A confidence boost from there allowed me to play some really good poker and make some really good decisions, e.g:

I raise pre flop with QQ, there are two callers. one from SB and the other on the BB.
flop comes 8-9-2 rainbow
it checks to me and i bet just under pot
SB takes his time and raises me for about $3.90 (pot about $2)
BB folds, i take my time, here i put him on either large pockets (slow playing) or 8-8, 9-9
I fold it, was thinking about moving all in, but i thought i was beat,
the guy showed AA

made a great fold and was happy.

I did actually lose a bit and my bank roll was not too high.

I had entered a $2 300 man mtt. In this, i started off badly but gradually progressed until i reached the money. I then entered the final table with chip lead and was dominant with a large chip stack. I achieved to knock a majority of the people out on the final table and ended up with a 3:1 chip advantage. The final hand i managed to turn a lucky card on the river to give me a straight and i won the tournament. 1st prize was $123 which gave me a bankroll of around $147

after this, i had just been grinding some $6 9 seater turbo SnG's. I Played a few of these and reached the peak of my bank roll at $226. I continued to play a few more but didn't have as much success as before.

BR-$190.87

portdeco20

4 comments:

Simon Young said...

Best of luck. Link is added.

Regards

Punch

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Saw your comment on a blog I read so thought I'd check out your blog.

I'd recommend if you're going to have the Full Tilt logo on your blog to sign up as an affiliate that way you may generate some revenue at some stage if it contains your link. It's dead easy to do too.

Good luck and don't follow your mate's (bluescouse) bankroll strategy!

Kenn said...

hello mate gl at the tables let me know if you want me to link you to my blog

cheers
kenn

Game101 said...

good luck. link added.