Monday 15 October 2007

My Sunday Night


it was all going on on friday night! The world blogger championship of online poker aswell as the bloggerment, does life get any better??


I started off well in the WBCOOP, was involved in 5 pots in about 18 hands and won everyone, but my biggest was when i raised pre flop on the button with A8 and i get called by BB. Flop comes 10 high with nothing particularly scary. He checks to me and i put my continuation bet of about 60% of the pot, i get massively re reraised and from then i knew he was either weak or had squat so i decided to just call his massive raise and again call his huge turn bet when it came to pair the board, you may think this is seriuosly bad play by me, but i was going with my read here, dont ask how i know he doesnt have anything i just followed instincts. When the fish overbet the river i shoved all in quickly and he folded instantly lol, and i caught absolutely nothing on the board but i probably had the best hand, maybe up against a small pair but i don't think so. Anyway, my success was short lived as a few hands later i shoved against a player i was re raising quite a lot pre flop, i think he got aggrovated and called all in with A8os, i held QQ and that ace hit the flop hard! and my stack was dented about 10k with only 6k left it was being eroded by the blinds and so i bet a large proportion of my stack (to emphasise i was pot commited) when i held 66 on the button when it had folded around, a shorter stack in the SB called and i get re raised from the BB and i was all in pre flop, 66 vs A5 vs 99 and no help...99 takes it....gg me. Just want to congratulate burnley mik, lou saban, and ace filled dreams for a great game, well played and well done BM and lou for finishing enough to bag some prizes!


I had the bloggerment to fall back on after i left the WBCOOP early, and it was a good turnout this week, thankyou everyone who turned up. Not many interesting hands really, got caught bluffing with 35s AIP vs 77, 77 hit quads! nh. made final table and bagged 7th place, more points for me =) again...would like to congratulate burnley mik for finishing 1st, an irregular occurance ;) but i cant speak because im just a bridesmaid!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi portdeco20, are you interested in representing potbag at the ept bahamas?
thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out Port!!

That read was either genious or insanity, but because it paid off it has to be the former!!!!

Good job you were not in the bloggerment league from the start or i get the feeling you may be some tough competition for me!!! LOL ;o)

portdeco20 said...

what do you mean potbag?? why dont you represent yourself?

no problem BM, theres plenty of other tough competition ;) but, without being cocky, i like to think i would be right up there if only a few more bloggerments had been played. But you are doin exeptionally well so keep it up

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

MAIR said...

Superb read Dan! I go on my instincs a lot by reading a player for some time, and generally get paid off. Sunday was a crap day for me, I couldnt get my focus.

Good luck at the tables :)

xx

Amatay said...

jeeeeeboss sik play there with the A8 mate, n1

Kirby the German Roofer said...

genius or donk play?? hmmm let me think!!! hard one but i think im leaning towards genius!! PFFFFFFFFFF!!

Wildcat said...

I've linked you up, any chance of a swap?

http://call-of-the-wildcat.blogspot.com/

All the best!

portdeco20 said...

yes no problem wildcat